A day at the zoo!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween

I remember as a kid that Halloween was the best. We all dressed up and went out trick or treating. There were kids of all ages and they were dressed up to the hilt. We stayed out till late knocking on doors. It was so much fun.

So this Halloween as I take my kids out thinking wow they are going to have so much fun I think, did I waste my money on costumes?

Trick or treating now has a time 5pm-8pm and anyone over the age of 12 can be arrested and the charge is a misdemeanor. What the hell is that??? They have sucked the fun out of Halloween!

So now when I take my kids out instead of every house being lit and ready to hand out candy all the lights are out. Too many people fear someone crazy may tamper with the candy, because it has happened. Then you have the trouble makers who snatch little kids bags of candy. Lets not forget those perverts out there trying to kidnap kids. So people have destroyed trick or treating. Thanks! Now you have community get together and stores or malls holding there safe environment trick or treating. Nothing wrong with that but I just miss the whole going door to door part of it all and seeing all of you're friends dressed up. Now a lot of kids don't even dress up. They just show up in street clothes with a bag. Whatever!

It just seems like it's going to get worse as time goes on. It's sad...

No comments:

Post a Comment