A day at the zoo!

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Growing Up. It has to be done, right?

Life... Eventually we have to grow up. I said eventually.

     Well here I am, watching my kids grow and move on and prepare for their futures. I love it and at the same time it totally makes me sad. I start to think, what about me? I just wanted to be a mommy to my precious babies. I never said that any of them could grow up. That wasn't part of the deal. They all promised me they would stay my little babies FOREVER....
Well they lied. HA!

     One son in the Navy and another one working on joining. My daughter setting her sights even higher to try her best to go to college and become an Air Force Officer. But in the mean time she is being trained in Manicure. I thought it would be great because she loves nails and if she does as she plans and heads to college she would have a skill other than flipping burgers while she was in school. No such luck. The state of California says she has to be a high school graduate to get her license. So she gets to finish high school first. She was not happy. But she continues to learn from her boyfriends mom, this way when she can go through the manicure school she will be ahead of the game.

     I have five more kids from 4yrs to 12 yrs. Next Fall they will all be in school and I will be alone.

     So I started thinking. What am I going to do? My original plan of sitting in a corner with a bottle of Vodka crying my eyes out just doesn't seem feasible. I mean they have no buses here and well I have to pick the kids up. Mommy getting a DUI on the first day of school probably wouldn't go so well. HA!

     Then I started to really think, like a grown up. I like nails, I like make-up. No I wouldn't go so far as hair. I mean messing up another persons hair is a big deal. Yes, hair grows back but your with that messed up cut till it grows back. Not saying I would do it on purpose, but hair is a big deal. I did not miss term papers and late night cramming in school. So I knew I had no desire to relive that. I know I want to be able to work at home or on my own clock. I know that my kids are my first priority. So I don't want anything to interfere with my kids. So I started really looking in the field of beauty. I got excited. Something I love and they have classes at night. I'm in!

     I had a meeting with an advisor today and it went really well. I just kept getting more excited about everything as she took me through the tour.

     So I have decided to begin my journey with Esthetics. I get to learn about skin care, and make-up and how to wax. Basically learning the methods you would use in a Spa or Salon. The class is 7 months long. They also pay and help prepare me for my State Boards. Once I finish that I am going to go immediately into Manicuring for 5 months. Yes, nails! I love nails, who doesn't? So I am on cloud nine!

     Now, tuition. Well the plan is that my husband will transfer a portion of his post 9-11 GI Bill to me. That would pay for every thing. Now I have to wait for it to be approved. I am so nervous. Not just nervous but scared. I just want to know that I got it and can start in time. But I have to wait and be patient. I really hate not knowing. I have to know what is going on, that things are being taken care of. Ya, I'm a bit of a control freak. I'm praying that everything goes as God has planned for me. If I get it then I will be done with all of my schooling and licensing by the time the kids start school next Fall.

I'm still in a bit of shock that I am doing this. But so very excited too! So please say a prayer that everything goes well and Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment