A day at the zoo!

Monday, November 25, 2013

Giving Thanks

 It's that time of year again, A time to give thanks.

I guess I do have things to be thankful for and at the same time I say to myself then why are things the way they are? Why is my son still not home with us? Why does it seem like there is so much wrong with what's going on around us? And is there really anything to be thankful for....

Yes I do have things to be thankful for even though a lot of times it doesn't feel like it.

 We've not seen our son in 11 months. It hurts and it makes us all so very sad. We know it can't be helped and we just pray we will be able to hold him again some day soon. I am thankful to be able to hear his voice when we can and that we have the joy of being his parents.

We recently were going to adopt a sweet little 4 yr old girl. Her mother lied and used us till she couldn't any more. Having her ripped from us like that was devastating. I can't stand what she has done to us and what she continues to do to the kids that she has with her. I pray for their safety and for her to pull her head out of her ass and to put them first instead of just passing them off on others while she lives a life she wants without being a real parent. I am thankful that we were able to bring some stability and love to a child that needed and craved it, even though it was for a short time.

There are so many homeless out there, not just as individuals but families. I saw a family of 4, they had 2 little girls, just babies.. It broke my heart to see them like that. I know a lot of people put themselves in that spot and I know for some it can't be helped. I am Thankful my husband has a good job and we have a roof over our heads and the kids are fed and clothed. We have what we need and at times what we want. I'm thankful for the ability my husband has to provide for us all, not only our needs but for our wants.

I am now in school thanks to my wonderful husband. He gave me half of his GI Bill so that I could go to school. Again my husbands job and his time in the service has blessed me. Going to school and it's paid for. Truly thankful for this.

I am thankful for my family and friends. I am thankful that I am a wife and mother to 8 wonderful kids. I am thankful to be a CCD teacher to some wonderful kids and I am thankful for God for blessing me with all that I have.

I know there is a lot of dark out there and it often seems like things aren't going to get better but I have to learn to look at things in a different lite and embrace that things do happen for a reason and there is a plan and that it's not mine. At the same time not use any of that as an excuse either. Ugh!!! Growing up seems to have some down falls...haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment