A day at the zoo!

Friday, September 16, 2011

Even Big Boys Have Mile Stones.

Well today was a very emotional day for me.

My oldest son graduated from Boot Camp this morning and is a very proud member of the US Navy.


Missing his Boot Camp Graduation was so sad. But with kids in school I just couldn't be there. I was thankful that my husband and my father were both there with him today. He was very happy that they were there even though he would have loved for all of us to be there he understood why we couldn't.
FCC Lunsford and our son FN Lunsford (aka..Jamie and D.J.)
My husband was proud to be there with our son. He hasn't seen him since he left for deployment in January. Our son left for boot camp a week before his dad returned. It broke my heart that they were missing eachother and that his dad would possibly miss his graduation due to his underway schedule and Chiefs Pinning Ceremony that he felt he also needed to be there for his fellow Chiefs/Brothers. Thankfully after talking with his CMC they felt it was just as important for him not to miss our sons Graduation.

While they are in Great Lakes, I was in Norfolk celebrating with friends as our friend M.S. was pinned Chief this morning. I was really greatful to be a part of such a joyious occasion. It really was moving and I love being there especially since I missed my husband's pinning because he was underway.

Afterwords I went to my husbands old ship...USS Bulkeley. I had to deliver some bulbs to a freinds husband. I am happy to say I was able to see a few great friends there as well. I needed that. It made me happy especially since I was missing my son.

One thing I love about the military is that we meet so many wonderful people. And even better is that we can go years without seeing eachother (duty station moves) and when we see eachother it's like we pick up where we left off. Our friends are truely great people and I do treasure them because they are our family. I know that my son will meet great people and have great experiences in his journey's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment