A day at the zoo!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Reality TV...Seriously??

Ok, so for the longest time I was dead set against "Reality TV".  I know, I heard everyone go on about their love for Big Brother and Survivor.. Whatever was all I could think. I couldn't even get through an episode because it was so NOT reality.

Then they began their own version of  Reality TV on The Food Network. This I totally got into because it was cooking. I didn't like take it serious I took it as a contest with free recipes. I was happy.

After or around the same time I then became aware of the shows with the big families. The Duggers, I love! John and Kate plus 8, now by the looks of how the marriage sunk, there was no Reality except that the good christian family were just good at lieing and exploiting their kids. Don't get me wrong, I did watch that show cause I thought the kids were adorable and I still do think they are but to put yourself up there like you could do no wrong and call it Reality....It was obviously just for show. If you want to document your family then get a video recorder like the rest of us.

Then in the recent like, oh 2 yrs I became a fan of The Real Housewives Of NJ.. Now I have seen the other so called Real Housewives shows but I just liked this one best.

Ok so what makes a Real Housewife??? Why are all these so called house wives wealthy? I'm not saying that the wealthy can't be real housewives. But last I checked Nanny's are not on the average housewife's pay roll. And what the hell? You can't put your own make-up on or do your own hair for a party?  It's the same style, layered hair spray! The majority of events I have seen have been catered. I could never do that for one of my kids birthday party's. It may help with not having to do anything except write the check but it takes away from the whole day. Well that must be nice to not have to cook for your family and friends. Now I have seen a couple of them cook but not a lot.I see more drama among the adults that have NOTHING to do with being a housewife but everything to do with having no self control what so ever. I haven't seen a real housewife yet.

You  wanna see a real house wife? Go look in the mirror. Look at your neighbor. We are surrounded by real housewives yet we all prefer to look at the ones on TV. What am I missing? Maybe the fact that we can judge them (even though it's not right) and not worry about hurting ones feelings? Because seriously if you didn't want to be judged then why would you do that to yourself?

I have had people tell me I should have my own TV show because we have a larger than normal family. I often thought no way, but then thought that would be cool. But really, would it be worth putting my family through all of that? I wonder how the Duggers do it...I think I should just leave reality to the here and now.

No comments:

Post a Comment