A day at the zoo!

Friday, July 30, 2010

The Dangers of Breast Feeding :)

Dangers in breast feeding? NOT!

I have got to be one of the biggest fans of breast feeding out there. I have tried to breast feed each one of my kids. With my first two I had no clue what I was doing so it lasted a few days. They say if you don't want to nurse at least give them those first few days.
With Marrissa, I was doing great. Then just a few days after her birth I was hospitalized and had to stop nursing her cause of all of the medication they had me on.
Gabbriella I got in about 10 months of breast feeding. I was so happy.
Vikktorria was breastfed for 8 weeks. I got thrush and couldn't do it.
Nathaniel was doing so great. Again with the thrush and I said I was gonna stick it out. I did for 10 weeks. We just kept passing it back and forth to each other and it hurt so bad. Like someone slammed a door on my nipple. I would cry every time I went to nurse him. When I finally gave up I cried for a couple of days. I felt like I was taking away the goodness he so deserved. It truly broke my heart.
Alleynna. I swore I would not give up. I didn't either and we had some problems. Well she wasn't gaining weight and they couldn't figure out why. Well she had to have formula as a supplement. So I would nurse her first and then give her a little formula. I cried, they did blood work on her and she would cry and it made me feel so bad, I would cry too. She was 8pounds and 14 ounces till she was like 5 months old. She wasn't getting the calories she needed from me. But I kept breast feeding her. I did this till she was 16 months old!!! The only reason I stopped was so that we could have Immanuel. And now thanks to breast feeding and organic foods she is so healthy and happy!
My Immanuel is such a good breast feeder-ha! They gave him formula in the hospital and I didn't know till I got home a day later. I was so upset and feared he was gonna have to go to a bottle. Thank God I stayed strong. I worked him off the formula and he at 10 months old is still breast feeding. He started organic baby foods at 6 1/2 months old and is doing so fabulous!! He also drinks from a cup like a big boy.
People ask me all the time..."Don't you worry about the teeth?"
No, I don't. The most he ha done was hold on to my nipple with his teeth and smile at me-ha!
Now one time he did scare me but it was my fault. he was nursing one way and I went the other. Ya, not the brightest thing to do. I always say to him, "I need that nipple, your not the last."
Breast feeding is the awesomest feeling in the world. Just knowing that he really is relying on me and only I can do this is pretty cool. But mostly I love holding him. The way he holds onto me and my boob is just too cute. I love how they just look at you and smile. It's too cool.ha! It's like the most awesome way to bond with your baby. I will say to him, "you wanna nurse? or Mommy got booby, you want booby?" LOL! I know I am crazy but he LOVES it-lol! He laughs so loud and gets all excited and then just jumps to nurse-LOL! I LOVE IT!!! It's just so great a feeling and we are both happy.
Does it take up a lot of your time? Hell yes. You can't schedule breast feeding like bottle feeding. Breast milk is like water where as formula is heavy like food. So you maybe marathon breast feeding for well 6 months-lol! I had to nurse like every hour on the hour and sometimes before that. It just depends on the baby.So no whining aloud. Your baby is not gonna want to wait 3 hours for the next feeding. I don't care what books tell you that, it's full of crap and I doubt that man nursed any kids-lol! Some people can't handle their life being run by a baby's schedule...well newsflash maybe you should just keep your damn legs closed. I have seen and heard people whine about the fussy baby and the kids that just won't shut up. Pull your head out of your ass cause this isn't about you any more. It about what that baby wants and if he wants to nurse on you 24/7, guess what??? That's exactly what they will and should do.
Another thing, my kids that have breast fed the longest are the healthiest kids in the house!
Alleynna at 3 has been majorly sick maybe 3 times. Had it for like 2-3 days where the others were like a week. Immanuel has never been sick! And I have never gotten sick either. Remember, there are 8 kids in my house and to have a house full and not get ill says a lot!
So yes, Breast Feeding is beast...If you can do it.

No comments: