A day at the zoo!

Monday, July 26, 2010

Little Kids at Mass

I want all of my kids at Mass. Yes the little ones tell a different story..ha! They would much rather be at the day care playing.
Well with Summer being here people who volunteer for the day care tend to not show up. OK they don't show up or find some one to take there place. My son is one of the volunteers and he has had to fill in 2 times in the last month. Doing that he missed Mass. I do not like for the kids to miss Mass. It is important for my kids as well as myself to attend. So today I took my 3yr and 5yr old to the day care and no one was there. I was kinda glad. I know that they will sit just fine during Mass, well kinda fine-haha! So any way I waited then my hubby comes in and says he will sit with them. Worried cause my 3yr old really does not want to be in the day care unless one of her big brothers (teen-agers) is there too. Well I am thinking to myself...this can be good. They really need to get use to being in the Church and sitting and paying attention, as much as a 3yr and 5yr old can.
To me they did really good. I think my husband had a difference in opinion. He likes for the little ones to well, be quiet..But they are kids, hell even my teens need to be hushed-ha! Me I'm ok with it. As long as they aren't loud or screaming I'm ok. If they get out of hand then I will take my kid out. There are people that have their kids in there screaming bloody murder. My kid knows better. I mean seriously I have a look that will kill-ha!
My 5yr old did really good with sitting and standing and kneeling when he was suppose to. He tried better than the teens to do what was expected of you. He was really cute. The priest made and said The Sign of The Cross and my son repeating like really slow and loud the prayer. I thought that was awesome! That's why they need to be in church. They will never learn it if they don't live it.
My 3yr old is a completely different story... She just wants her juju and to be left alone. When I say alone I mean she turns the pew into her bed and takes the babies blanket and turns it into her pillow! HA! She wants to flip through the book of Hymns... She's a little more busy. She could be worse. I think if she keeps coming she will do fine.
I had to take the baby out. He wasn't upset but he was getting loud with lots of laughter and baby talk. It was so cute. So we step out and the other kids out there were so loud and really upset. I was and am so thankful my kids are better behaved and not as loud. I am shocked that he fell asleep with the other kids yelling and screaming, but he did. Yay!
Going to receive Holy Communion... WOW! So there I am holding a sleeping baby and walking with 2 little ones. I explained to my 5yr old that he needed to cross his arms across his chest to tell the Priest or Deacon that he was not yet ready to receive. I explained that it was so important that he did not receive the host and that it is NOT a cookie-ha! Yes he thought it was a cookie. My 3 yr old had been going with me so she knew already. The problem was that little kids walk fast-lol! I grabbed my 5yr old and said "hey, this isn't a race". It was so hot that I was truly wore out-lol! So they walked up and received their blessings and I received Communion and my 3yr old was bummed when we walked back to our seat and not out the door. Her face, she was so devastated-ha! But she got over it quick.
For me I want my kids with me at Mass. I don't care that they don't understand at that moment. They will get it and we have always told them that they could ask us if and when they don't understand something. God knows there have been plenty of times I had to ask and look things up. It's just important to me that we are there as a family. And at the end I felt great that they were there!

No comments: