A day at the zoo!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Expectations

I've come to seriously realize that I have really high expectations for my kids. Every parent does but mine are really high.
Today was the first day of Vacation Bible School. I expected my older ones who were helpers to do that and my younger ones to behave and listen.
I take them in and I have my talk with Nathaniel about good behavior and listening and staying with groups and of course not running. I tell the girls to watch him and the older kids to do what is expected of them.
It's just me and the 2 youngest. A nice couple of hours of us time. Grab Alli something from McDonald's and Jamie meets me home with Chinese.
I'm nervous the entire time, thinking maybe I should have stayed. But surely if something was going wrong someone would call me. So I try to relax and let go. Which is so very difficult for me. I'm a bit of a control freak and I have to know what is going on with my baby. Not to mention this is Nathaniel's first "school" scene. So I tell myself I need to see if he can do this he will be in school next month.
So Jamie goes to pick up the kids and the first thing out of my daughters mouth is Nate was bad. I thought I was gonna die. She continued on with he was running and wouldn't listen. Then my other daughter Gabbi goes on about how they had to take him out cause he was scared about a story they were telling and they were using blankets like a parachute over their heads. OK I can kind of understand that. But still no one called me! I know he is 5 yrs old but he is going to go to school and I'm thinking damn it he can't do this in school. I yelled at him about his behavior and told him he couldn't do that. I hate that I yelled. I am so tired of yelling and really I don't have to do it too much any more.
So then Jamie decided to tell me that when he walked in Kyle and Evan were not doing anything other than sitting in the back. I at this point am wicked pissed! All they had to do was help with the pre-k kids. I could not believe this. Now I don't think that they did not hep. But I have noticed my son showing off for his cousin and it's really pissing me off. So I tell them no TV and no games. They get all pissy and Jamie decides to just take it out and put it our room! I am beyond pissed off over this. The crap always ends up in my room and I am so tired of it. I need to clean my room and every time I begin work on it or it gets cleaned people throw their crap in my room!!!
Is it awful that I want my kids to behave and act human? Well NO. But part of their problem is that they are spoiled! And that is my fault. So now I have been slowly working with the little ones on things like behavior and respect. And reminding them of how we are suppose to be treating others and reminding them of what God wants us to do. Some times I feel like I am waisting my time, but no I am going to keep doing what I am doing. They will get it, well I pray they get it.
I want my kids to know the difference between right and wrong and do what's right.
I am tired of temper tantrums.
I do not want them stomping up the stairs- ya fat chance, right?
I do not want my kids to lie about anything but especially things that don't matter.
I want my kids to be who they are and not adopt someone elses personality.
I do not want my kids to be followers, I want them to be leaders.
I want my kids to be happy with what they have and not want what someone else has.
I want my kids to study hard in school and get all the work turned in.
I don't want my kids to get anything below a B.
I want my kids to realize that life is a gift and right now they have no respect for it and it's pissing me off.
So here I am taking one day at a time and praying I can unspoil my kids and make them appreciate what so many out there do not have.
Well Nathan will get it, he's just new to this but still I do not expect him to be misbehaving tomorrow. This time we will have our talk before VBS and maybe his dad will hide out and watch him some, you know keep an eye out on our little boy.

No comments: